Created by Maddi Bazzocco on March 12, 2018
Salted Caramel. Hazelnuts. Brownies. Need I say more?
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 9 Brownies
- 400 grams can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup Cacao powder
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 cup Melted coconut oil
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts or walnuts, dry roasted*
- 1 block Loving earth hazelnut chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line a square baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all ingredients except the hazelnuts and loving earth chocolate into a food processor and blend until well combined. They won't be completely smooth and that's OK!
- Stir through the hazelnuts and chocolate with a spatula, then pour mixture into the baking tray
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean!
- Allow brownies to cool on a rack then cut into squares. They are DELICIOUS served warm with a scoop of coconut ice-cream - take it from me!
- Store in the fridge for up to a week... not that they'll last that long.
- * I chopped my hazelnuts then popped them in a dry pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes to bring out their flavour! Completely optional but definitely adds to the flavour.