The kitchen is practically where I live. If I’m not sitting at a computer editing for my YouTube channel or writing for healthykarma.co you can bet you’ll find me in the kitchen. My boyfriend recently moved out, and so I’ve found myself cooking in his kitchen and of course, I’ve now realised I have SO many essentials that I need! So below you’ll find a list of all the essentials I think you need if you’re going to be a wiz in the kitchen!
- A Coffee Machine: First Coffee… Then you do things. The motto I live by, and can confirm, there will be no cooking going on if I haven’t had my morning long black or mocha frappuchino.
- Knives: If you haven’t cooked with a good set of knives, my friends you are seriously missing out. Make sure you’ve got plenty of different types and sizes, they’ll all come in handy I promise!
- Silicon Moulds: These are THE BEST. Bread loaf, muffin tray, cake tin – I have them all in silicon. Making my Banana Bread and Peanut Butter Cups just got a whole lot easier, especially when you don’t have to stress about it sticking! I picked mine up super cheap at K-Mart.
- High Speed Blender: I am a sucker for a good quality blender. They’re great for blitzing up banana nice cream, smoothies even dips! I use a nutribullet, which comes with different sized cups.
- Thermomix: This is certainly a luxury item that I’ve been lucky enough to cook with for nearly 8 years; nonetheless I honestly can’t live without it! It is absolutely brilliant and makes cooking a dream. Cooking brown rice? Done. Curry? Done. Coconut yogurt? DONE. It literally does everything!
- Chopping Board: Now I know you can head down to K-Mart and pick up an el-cheapo plastic chopping board, but you honestly can’t go past a sturdy, wooden chopping board. If you look after it, they last for years and years!
- A Non-stick pan: May be an obvious one but I don’t know what I’d do without a non stick pan. I cook evvvverything in these bad boys, and the clean up takes seconds. No scraping those sticky bits – yuck.
- Mixing Bowls: Get yourself a set of glass mixing bowls in all sorts of different sizes. Glass means they can go in the microwave, freezer, fridge without damage!
- Mason Jars: I know I know, they’ve been around forever but is there anything cuter than a smoothie in a mason jar? Pair it with a stainless steel straw and you’ve got a trendy smoothie right there!
- Icy Pole Moulds: It’s Summer so this is DEFINITELY a piece of equipment that I want in my kitchen right now! They are so handy, and it means you can make your own healthy icecreams/icypoles and you know exactly what’s going in them!
Well there you have it! My top 10 pieces of kitchen equipment that I not only swear by, but definitely think you should add to your own kitchen!